General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread: Level 2

Go down 
+15
The Fur
Maya
Tank Abuse
Kaiser
Lucan
Lucy
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Kaizy
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
XoPachi
Zoe
greg-the-fox
Riv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 am

*looks through max payne 3 crews through friends list*

GTFO, and WEED... you guys suck at crew titles
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:06 am

MiloTime wrote:
*looks through max payne 3 crews through friends list*

GTFO, and WEED... you guys suck at crew titles

I'm actually in the WEED one.

We kick ass. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 am

Lucy wrote:

I would have never guessed!
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 am

MiloTime wrote:
Lucy wrote:

I would have never guessed!

Well, they've prolly kicked me out by now.

I haven't played Max Payne 3 online in a while, lol.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 am

MiloTime wrote:
playing silent hill downpour when i'm not packing and figuring RL stuff out.

i hate how there's no cues to tell you where to go, to advance the storyline, but i do like the game. i find parts of the story to be quite interesting, and the transition between reality and insanity is kind of trippy in this game.

also found an easter egg, for any fans. henry townshend's apartment. quite possibly one of my favorite settings in any game i've ever played, so it was pretty cool to see again

I think all the Silent Hill games since The Room have been kinda underrated, but especially Downpour. And BTW, there are clues, but most of them are purely visual. Murphy will occasionally comment on something when you examine the surroundings and that usually gives a hint. The notes and stuff you find actually do reveal a lot of the story, just in true Silent Hill fashion, they won't probably make that much sense until you've already beaten the game or are near the end. Plus iirc you have to do a lot of exploration/sidequests to find them all. Even some of those sidequests contain their own little mini-stories that are told through the environment and the little set-pieces that you trigger trying to complete the objectives in them. Basically if you just learn how to use your scrapbook, you shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out where you need to go and what you need to do.

As an aside I think it's probably the game that most feels like a proper Silent Hill game since Origins. It also has a story that does the series justice, which Origins didn't. So I don't get how Silent Hill fans can be so critical of it aside from the technical issues where certainly do come pretty close to ruining it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:21 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:

I think all the Silent Hill games since The Room have been kinda underrated, but especially Downpour. And BTW, there are clues, but most of them are purely visual. Murphy will occasionally comment on something when you examine the surroundings and that usually gives a hint. The notes and stuff you find actually do reveal a lot of the story, just in true Silent Hill fashion, they won't probably make that much sense until you've already beaten the game or are near the end. Plus iirc you have to do a lot of exploration/sidequests to find them all. Even some of those sidequests contain their own little mini-stories that are told through the environment and the little set-pieces that you trigger trying to complete the objectives in them. Basically if you just learn how to use your scrapbook, you shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out where you need to go and what you need to do.

As an aside I think it's probably the game that most feels like a proper Silent Hill game since Origins. It also has a story that does the series justice, which Origins didn't. So I don't get how Silent Hill fans can be so critical of it aside from the technical issues where certainly do come pretty close to ruining it sometimes.

i mostly meant early on in the game. it COULD be the fact that i hadn't played a silent hill title in a while. but after a while, i got used to navigating through the game. and i agree that it feels most like a true silent hill title since before origins.

i'm going to try and start actually focusing on the series by playing it chronically. like i did with the RE series
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:31 am

I'm playing Portal 2 again and I'm trying to get through the whole game, or at least as far as possible, without dying.
I just finished Chapter 3 and so far I've only taken one bullet from a turret...

This makes the game way more intense inglip

(already died a bunch of times from falling, have yet to die from turrets)

Last edited by greg-the-fox on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Sands of Destruction is very linear, but damn... The rest of this simple game really makes up for even for a JRPG. I love Sega.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm

I will probably get carpel tunnel in my left hand from gaming Not a single fuck wa
Maybe along with some blisters on my fingertips

Ok NOW I see why mechanical keyboards are such a big deal... I would be in much less pain right now if I had one (I'm not in much pain and I was kidding about carpel tunnel. But seriously I want a damn better keyboard)

I'm trying to get all twitch mlg skills
I played with this guy who was literally almost untouchable, it was like playing chess with Stephen Hawking. In team deathmatch he got 37 kills and 2 deaths, and the first one of those deaths was from me trollface I think I must have ended a killing streak that was at least 20 long, I wasn't keeping track.

I'm just good enough that every once in a while I was able to kill him, and it was so fucking satisfying after he had been wiping the floor with everyone for hours (he was nice though) But damn, did I try HARD to kill him. Then after he left I kept trying that hard and pretty much won everything Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Hyperion Shotguns>>>Big Breasts.

Any.

Day.

Of.

The.

Week!
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Sometimes I feel like the only one who liked the GBA/DS Castlevania games.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 pm

Lucan wrote:

I'd be hard pressed to believe they do as good a job of feeling like SotN as they do looking like it, but falling short of a game like that is probably still a lot better than the 3D Castlevanias. And I'm including Lords of Shadow there, which I actually own and think is probably about the closest a 3D Castlevania has come to really capturing the feel and atmosphere of the best elements of the series. I actually wish they'd be ported to the Nintendo store or even that plus PSN and XBL. I mean why not? They did it for SotN. They're Castlevania, they're 2D action-adventure, and they're probably very good at both so I don't see how it wouldn't make them a few bucks.
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Lucan wrote:

I have all 3 of the DS Castlevania games. <3
No DS, but I kept my games. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm

Lucan wrote:

I loved all three to death on the DS.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser

Kaiser

Humor : Thoughtful

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 pm

XBL gave me a free month of Gold...
pokerface da fuc?

Well... it's free.
trollface
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Is a 1.18 KDR any good? pokerface
At least it's not negative...
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:

Depends on the game, really.

Also, it's a ratio. It shouldn't ever be negative unless you somehow got negative kills or negative deaths.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:01 am

Riv wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

Depends on the game, really.

Also, it's a ratio. It shouldn't ever be negative unless you somehow got negative kills or negative deaths.
Negative as in <1
So if you're playing on a team and you get killed more than you kill, you're lowering the score for your team
Yeah it doesn't make sense but it's gamer math trollface
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:16 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
As far as Im concerned, having anything above a 1 means you play fine Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 am

i used to think silent hill was unsettling.

then i played fatal frame
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 5:08 am

greg-the-fox wrote:

That would classify you as a BK in Battlefield 3, all of the Halo games to date, S8:P and no doubt every other FPS made as of late.

But for some reason you'll be treated as a hero god in any of the Modern Warfares with a K/D like that, as most of the people who play that are noobs.

Lucky for you my ass can't even break a .5 in any of the CoDs, yet I can maintain a 2.0+ in everything else.

Maybe I should drop shot more.

The hell are you playing anyway lol

If it's that Crysis shit or whatever fuck that haha. I've seen gameplay of that shit. I could not hang in that game.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

That would classify you as a BK in Battlefield 3, all of the Halo games to date, S8:P and no doubt every other FPS made as of late.

But for some reason you'll be treated as a hero god in any of the Modern Warfares with a K/D like that, as most of the people who play that are noobs.

Lucky for you my ass can't even break a .5 in any of the CoDs, yet I can maintain a 2.0+ in everything else.

Maybe I should drop shot more.

The hell are you playing anyway lol

If it's that Crysis shit or whatever fuck that haha. I've seen gameplay of that shit. I could not hang in that game.
My K/D in Black Ops 2 is currently a 1.09 and Im called a hacker regularly Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:15 am

MiloTime wrote:
i used to think silent hill was unsettling.

then i played fatal frame

+1
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:30 am

I've only ever played Fatal Frame 3 but honestly it didn't do a whole lot for me. Okay, it had its moments, but it was hard to take it seriously when the game frequently gave me the impression that the entire thing was an excuse to show dangerously young looking women in sleepwear. It also seemed to purposely try to appeal to people turned on by torture/snuff. The level design seemed really obtuse and uninspired. I don't get what's so fucking special about these games compared to stuff like Siren, Obscure, Cold Fear, etc. It might be that those games don't take themselves so bloody seriously.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:35 am

God damn, XCOM is addictive. Trying to maintain a full, regular squad is a pain though because someone always comes out wounded and has to sit a few missions out, and then you have to put the Level 1 grunts in your squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread: Level 2
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next