General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Time Wasting Thread 12

Go down 
+18
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox
Lunar
Taz
Kellie Gator
jcstinks
Lucy
Zenia
greg-the-fox
Riv
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Wolf-Bone
Kaizy
MiloTime
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Aetius
Brace
8-bit
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:55 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Lucan wrote:
Seriously?

Anyway apparently Maurice Sendak has died today. :c

the guy who wrote where the wild things are? nuuu
Yeah. I still have the copy I had when I was a kid somewhere in my closet.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I take comfort in the fact that I'll never be as hipster as this guy

Spoiler:

Also why is the interent so dead today? People still taking finals?
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Honestly, I've always had a hard time placing characters in the Sonic universe as truly adult or adolescent one way or the other. Even though they're supposed to be kids, they have adult responsibilities and relationships, and even though they're functionally adults, they kinda look like kids, but then they kinda don't look like anything conforming to our conventions. I say this as someone who hasn't been above the odd kinky Sonic fantasy/fanart, I truly don't know where it comes from, and I damn sure have never been attracted to them on the basis of their age. That's kinda the last thing that crosses my mind with these kinds of characters because they're just that different from any idea of normal.

I used to bring this up on FAF sometimes, and I don't think I ever got anything close to a good answer out of anyone, but that's just par for the course. It's FAF. I'd just have to Occam's Razor it down to the same reason I think I'm a furry in general. It was another source of escapism I delved into at the same time I was developing as a sexual being, and the characters were all (in my mind) at least as mature as me, if not more.

I know Elf Quest has a pretty loyal following and gets accused of being a kind of "cub" material, and again, it just doesn't really work. There's a pretty big distinction between something like that and being attracted to actual kids. I don't know if anyone here remembers (or even saw) my anti-cub rants on FA, which actually got me banned on at least one occasion, but my perspective changed a bit after talking to people like Wolfblade, and for good when I heard about someone getting charged as a sex offender over some manga they imported.

Think about it. The resources spent on "busting" that "sick fuck", really just to burn "sickness" or "filth" in effigy more than anything, could've been used to stop an actual predator, most of whom are made long before it even dawns on them their needs might be met with pure, graphical fiction (and even then, I think it's probably a big stretch to say that would really cut it for most of the serious cases).

That's what pisses me off about this. Most people don't even really care about protecting the rights/sanity of innocent children as much as they care about feeling better about themselves at the expense of the easiest, most acceptable target. And then they'll wonder why more of these guys aren't caught until it's already way too late.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:25 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Also why is the interent so dead today? People still taking finals?

I just had my last final today.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Zenia

Zenia

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:26 pm

lol There are people that think ElfQuest is cub material? XDDD There are only a couple of children in the series. Well, at least the original 6 graphic novels. I didn't read (or own) any more than those ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zenia/
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
*stuff*

I agree, honestly I don't see the big deal over some imaginary character's supposed age, especially if they're not even human.
If you fap to something questionable like that, it just makes you creepy, but it shouldn't make you a criminal.

Of course if I said anything like that on FAF they'd burn me alive
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:33 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:

You'd probably make some creepy friends though.

lol
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:
*stuff*

I agree, honestly I don't see the big deal over some imaginary character's supposed age, especially if they're not even human.
If you fap to something questionable like that, it just makes you creepy, but it shouldn't make you a criminal.

the only fictional characters I ever took interest in was starfox... and they were space pilots... so they HAD to be adults Not a single fuck wa

then again, tails is also a pilot/engineer.... pokerface
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:41 pm

MiloTime wrote:
then again, tails is also a pilot/engineer.... pokerface

Six years old...

Fahking Doogie Howser Fox.
Back to top Go down
Zenia

Zenia

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Aggghhhhhhh My back hurts so much. T__T
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:08 am

General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 EEEKb
In preparation for the new Max Payne this month. Forgot about this.

Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:16 am

Hey riv, you should make a character sheet for the fallout thread.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:23 am

blackfuredfox wrote:

Worry not, I'm reviewing the Fallout wiki right this moment to make sure I don't break the thread with my ignorance of New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:25 am

Riv wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:

Worry not, I'm reviewing the Fallout wiki right this moment to make sure I don't break the thread with my ignorance of New Vegas.
sweet. Since it takes place a few years after though don't fret. Its awesome to see this one might actually make it lol.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:33 am

So my car overheated yesterday and I had it fixed today. Apparently the radiator cap exploded. I got off work early for the first time in over a month and ended up spending about 4 hours at the repair shop, and I didnt even get home til about 6:30pm. Also, my AC is still broken, meaning I have to go to a different mechanic to get that fixed this week, and I dont even fucking know how much thatll cost me. Goddamn, someone just kill me now. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:56 am

Dammit I only ever want to use my speakers after 11pm Seriously?
I'm like super hyper and I want to have a party in my room pretty much
I so want to live in my own house (except I wouldn't have free food cooked for me)
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:24 am

Ugh, Massive is like the buggiest synth.
The patch I just made sounds fine when I play it on the keyboard, but if I put a MIDI track in and hit play I get all this electrical noise and distortion that's ruining the sound... I might have to just record it and put the audio in.

Could be my sound card is derping
Everything I've made with this synth has had weird little quirks like that though
I can't upgrade to the latest version because it's pirated, I'm not paying hundreds for a synth so I can make shitty dubstep Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:34 am

Zenia wrote:
lol There are people that think ElfQuest is cub material? XDDD There are only a couple of children in the series. Well, at least the original 6 graphic novels. I didn't read (or own) any more than those ones.

It's because they look basically human, but proportionally aren't unlike children. That and the fact they tend to have really athletic bodies and wear little clothing, at least the main character does (I think his name is Cutter), but there's a few others IIRC. I only ever read the first book because a friend lent it to me, and I'll admit, it made me a bit uncomfortable, but I think it was more the way the art hovers on Uncanny Valley territory sometimes. To be frank, though, I'm always operating under the assumption that most things that even vaguely appear to be intended to evoke certain reactions probably are. But that's precisely why it's not that high on my list of things that set off my Moral Outrage, because it's really just doing what art should do. I'm actually more ambivalent about the artshift the aforementioned Sonic universe has toyed with in recent years, even if a lot of it seems to depend on the artist(s) working on it at the time. Sally, Bunny, Rouge and Julie-Su having increasingly more humanoid features I could sorta take and even appreciate, but I saw one where they really cranked that up a notch and gave the male characters muscle definition and everything and it just looked weird.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:18 am

saw a tumblr post

not going to sleep for another week
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:26 am

MiloTime wrote:
saw a tumblr post

Oh hay, same here

We probably saw the same one Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:31 am

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
saw a tumblr post

Oh hay, same here

the only difference is, the thing I saw addresses my absolute biggest fear... glaring red eyes... staring at me.

I'm almost afraid to move right now I'm so terrified Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:35 am

MiloTime wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
saw a tumblr post

Oh hay, same here

the only difference is, the thing I saw addresses my absolute biggest fear... glaring red eyes... staring at me.

Yup we definitely saw the same thing

Even actual cannibal Shia Labeouf couldnt make it less scary
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:39 am

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
saw a tumblr post

Oh hay, same here

Yup we definitely saw the same thing

Even actual cannibal Shia Labeouf couldnt make it less scary

I always wonder if one of those "this is real, not photoshopped" photo's is ever.... actually real...

I mean you can only deny it for so long before someone comes along with an actual non-edited photo of something that terrifies you to the very core. pokerface
Back to top Go down
Zenia

Zenia

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:12 pm

T__T My back huuuuuurts. I won't be able to walk to the bus stop. It takes 10 minutes for me to get there normally ... and it hurts so much when I even just walk to the bathroom. Looks like I have to take a cab to work and back... again. >____>
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Zenia wrote:
T__T My back huuuuuurts. I won't be able to walk to the bus stop. It takes 10 minutes for me to get there normally ... and it hurts so much when I even just walk to the bathroom. Looks like I have to take a cab to work and back... again. >____>
I know about back pain. About where in your back does it hurt and can you describe the pain?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 12   General Time Wasting Thread 12 - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Time Wasting Thread 12
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next