General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Computers Thread

Go down 
+11
Tank Abuse
Ouiji
MiloTime
katmandu
Zoe
Kangarooboy
Lucan
Riv
greg-the-fox
Kaizy
Lunar
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

The Computers Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:07 am

But my 2008 Macbook accepts 3 and 4 finger input, and I'm pretty sure it's identical to the newer trackpads in every way except for the fact that it has a discrete button. The tracking surface actually IS pressure sensitive, and I can even tap to click if I want to on that. (though it's HORRIBLE and you really have to bang on it, so I don't lol)

I actually way, way prefer having a separate button still.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
But my 2008 Macbook accepts 3 and 4 finger input, and I'm pretty sure it's identical to the newer trackpads in every way except for the fact that it has a discrete button. The tracking surface actually IS pressure sensitive, and I can even tap to click if I want to on that. (though it's HORRIBLE and you really have to bang on it, so I don't lol)

Eh? Must be some kind of hardware difference. Or maybe the bootcamp driver.

Quote :
I actually way, way prefer having a separate button still.

That's how I felt for the first five minutes. You can still rest your thumb on the bottom as if there was a button there, the experience is no different.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:19 am

Riv wrote:
That's how I felt for the first five minutes. You can still rest your thumb on the bottom as if there was a button there, the experience is no different.

That doesn't make it think you're zooming in/rotating all the time?

And I'm weird, I actually use my middle finger to control the cursor and my index finger to click, and I rest my thumb on the front side of the notebook to prop my hand up. pokerface
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:26 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
And I'm weird, I actually use my middle finger to control the cursor and my index finger to click, and I rest my thumb on the front side of the notebook to prop my hand up. pokerface

Fuckin'... What?

How does that even work?

How do you press the spacebar while gaming?

How much do you have to flip people off before your middle finger is mobile enough to do that?
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 am

Riv wrote:
Fuckin'... What?

How does that even work?

How much do you have to flip people off before your middle finger is mobile enough to do that?

Lol, who games on a trackpad? And besides, you hit the spacebar with your left thumb while gaming, you only use your right thumb when typing.

I don't know, my middle finger is really dextrous? It's the longest and it's easiest to reach the whole trackpad quickly with it I guess.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Riv wrote:
Fuckin'... What?

How does that even work?

Lol, who games on a trackpad?
I don't know, my middle finger is really dextrous?

lol, who games with a mouse? Not a single fuck wa

I know I can't, not anymore.

It's simple; middle finger gets the spacebar, pointer finger to look around, thumb clicks. Left fingers hit the normal keys, left thumb gets alt and command to handle secondary/tertiary fire for games where two-finger clicking doesn't work well.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 am

I've NEVER heard of someone using the space bar with their right hand while gaming, that's fucking weird Riv pokerface

Still not as weird as ESDF though Not a single fuck wa
I don't care that people say it's more practical, it's weird.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:38 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
I've NEVER heard of someone using the space bar with their right hand while gaming, that's fucking weird Riv pokerface

Still not as weird as ESDF though Not a single fuck wa
I don't care that people say it's more practical, it's weird.

Well you just have short midget hands and an opposable bird-finger.

ESDF?!

*tries it*

Oh dear god, my fingers are touching. I'm suddenly aware of them!
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:43 am

ESDF is an alternative to WASD that MMORPG players like because it gives their pinky more to do (which is stupid because the pinky is the most retarded finger)
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:51 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
ESDF is an alternative to WASD that MMORPG players like because it gives their pinky more to do (which is stupid because the pinky is the most retarded finger)

Oh, wait, ESDF... I was doing EASD. lol

Yeah, I can rest my pinkie on A, but if I try to move it to q, my other fingers get screwed up.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:12 am

I really hope external GPUs become more practical and affordable pretty soon
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
I really hope external GPUs become more practical and affordable pretty soon

Thunderbolt. megusta
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Mother Of God!

$3500 build
This pwns any Mac Pro, you'd have to spend at least $5500 to match this and then you still wouldn't have anywhere near the graphics horsepower (it would be like a prius compared to a ferrari)
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:14 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
$3500 build
This pwns any Mac Pro, you'd have to spend at least $5500 to match this and then you still wouldn't have anywhere near the graphics horsepower (it would be like a prius compared to a ferrari)

Seriously?

1) CPU is only 2.0GHz, 2.5 when maximally overclocked. You can't even get a Mac Pro with a CPU that weak.

2) RAM is not ECC, more memory problems likely.

3) Two ATI Radeon 5770s will beat a single GeForce GTX 670 in graphics capability.

4) 240GB hard drive. The Mac Pro comes with 1TB minimum.

4) Other reasons, but I have to get ready for school.

I'm not saying the Mac is better in every way (In fact, as always, I believe that buying a Mac Pro on the low end is completely STUPID, is a waste of money, and goes against the philosophy of the platform), but to claim you couldn't get anywhere near the graphics horsepower for the same amount is quite false.

With a Mac Pro, I can get a machine with a six-core 3.33Ghz Xeon, sufficient RAM, and dual 1GB graphics cards (totaling 2GB), and four times as much disk space, for the same amount.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Riv wrote:
3) Two ATI Radeon 5770s will beat a single GeForce GTX 670 in graphics capability.

But there's two 670s though
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I wish my laptop had two more gigs of RAM. Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Lucy wrote:

So download some more Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Lucy wrote:

inglip
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:43 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Lucy wrote:

Funny level: 0

Back to basics Greg. Back to basics.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:22 am

I don't know why but boot camp is giving me more trouble with my drivers. Sometimes when I use a mouse and then I unplug it, my trackpad's multitouch functions stop working... so I have to scroll with the arrow keys or the scroll bar pokerface
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:42 am

you people and your "current technology"

I'm using a mouse from 11 years ago, and a keyboard from my first dell computer back in 2004
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:03 am

MiloTime wrote:
you people and your "current technology"

I'm using a mouse from 11 years ago, and a keyboard from my first dell computer back in 2004

This mouse I'm using, the model came out 10 years ago, I think we've had this one for at least 6.
My main mouse is having problems again so I salvaged this old one that was just lying around. It's still pretty badass.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:28 am

Realizing I should probably get a tablet if I'm going to be doing contracting work setting up networks for people. I kind of hate/don't know anything about tablets though.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:43 pm

I hope 16 gigs is enough to back up, because that's the most gig USB drive I have.

I think I have no choice but to do a completely clean install of windows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Computers Thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next